If you have been considering undergoing one or more cosmetic surgery procedures for some time now, or you are simply conducting some initial research into whether or not cosmetic surgery is for you, then you will no doubt have more than a few questions pertaining to before, during, and after this procedure.
Here, therefore, to perhaps help answer some of your more pressing queries, are the three most important questions to ask yourself before booking in for a cosmetic surgical procedure on your face.
1. What is the Main Reason You are Considering Cosmetic Surgery?
There is a myriad of advantages and benefits to undergoing cosmetic surgery and it is important to ascertain the individual reason for why you are considering such a pathway. If you are looking for an enhanced, more youthful appearance to your face and/or neck, for example, then it is important to remember that after surgery, your face will be permanently changed.
Other main reasons people elect for facial procedures include the following:
- An improved level of physical health
- Higher levels of confidence and self-esteem
- Benefits to your psychological and emotional health and wellbeing
- To correct previous surgery or from injuries from an accident
- A high and continuous dissatisfaction with natural effects of aging
2. Are You Researching the Right Clinics?
You will no doubt have heard of various disastrous and “botched” cosmetic surgery procedures, even if such knowledge is solely based around images in the media of celebrities who have either become addicted to plastic surgery, or else did not visit the right clinic and surgeon.
However, as long as you book your procedure with a prestigious, established, and reputable Atlanta eyelid surgery clinic, for example, then you will be sure to receive the most professional and expert treatment, both before and after your surgery.
Pertinent questions to ask your prospective surgery could include:
- How often do you perform this particular procedure?
- How many appointments will be required before surgery?
- Can you see before and after pictures from the same procedure?
- What kind of anesthesia does this particular procedure require?
- Will you receive detailed and thorough post-operative directions?
- How long will the healing process take?
- How many follow-up appointments will be required after surgery?
- What happens if there is a complication during the surgery?
- What will you need to do to prepare for your surgery?
Other factors to seriously consider ahead of booking your appointment include how comfortable you feel in the presence of the surgeon and inside the clinic itself, and how confident you feel in the capabilities and professionalism of the medical staff.
3. Are You Aware of the Side Effects?
Additionally, although there are few major disadvantages to undergoing a cosmetic procedure, however intravenous or not, it is also important to be aware of the possible side effects and disadvantages that are sometimes associated with it.
Such disadvantages, however unlikely they may be, may include:
- Post-surgical depression
- Negative reaction from others
- Addiction to surgery
- Risk of complications from surgery